Inductotherm Melt-Manager™ Plus™ Control Systems are computer-based applications which provide a higher level of melt automation technology to support furnace melt controls, diagnostic analysis and customer network, and communication interface.
Melt-Manager™ Plus™ Control Systems are formatted for touch-screen, flat-panel computers, and provide an “easy to use” graphic interface, where most screens are accessed with a single touch. The graphic screens will assist the operator throughout the complete melting process, which can include:
- Melt Control Modes for kWh Melting: Assists in accurately reaching the desired pouring temperature with hold-power setting; optimizes power usage and reduces electric utility charges; includes coldstart scheduling for pre-heating the furnace to improve production efficiency, and for sintering, for reducing manpower requirements and improving lining life.
- Data History and Trending: Provides automatic collection of operational data that can be displayed on trend charts to provide operators and managers with a graphical rendering of the melt system’s daily operational history.
- Events and Alarm Logging: Records and displays the system’s alarm and events history from a date calendar, providing operators and managers with a clear view of daily operations, making it easy to identify utilization factors, overall production efficiency and any operational delays.
- Diagnostic Screens: Offers complete system I/O signal diagnostic information available via a comprehensive color coded screen to explore troubleshooting processes and provide inverter information and communications activity.
- Ethernet Industrial Protocol: For customer systems to gain access to melt process run-time and diagnostic data formatted for PLCs and Host Computer Systems.
|Standard Features||Formatted for Operator-friendly, Color Touch-Screen, Flat-panel Computers|
|Monitors, Displays and Records the Power Supply Meter Readings|
|Displays and Records System Events and Alarms|
|Automated Control of the Complete Melt Cycle|
|Displays and Records Melt Control Operating Status|
|Schedule Input for Automated Cold Start Control|
|Permits Heating Profile Input for Automatic Lining Sintering|
|Calculates Furnace Inductance for Lining Condition Estimate|
|Comprehensive Diagnostic Checks|
|Provides Event Information Associated with Incoming AC Line Voltage|
|Provides Event Information to Alert Users to Potential Arcing Situations|
|Includes Built-In Safety Features to Maintain Proper Operation|
|Maintains Record of Kilowatt Hours Used|
|Provides Daily Data Log Files for Metering, Alarms, Events and Inductance|
|Text Messaging Option for Selectable Melt Control Status, Alarms and Events|
|Temperature Monitoring Interface|
|Advanced Sensors Network Interface|
|Ethernet Industrial Protocols Interface|
|Computer Networking Over Ethernet|
|Factory Tested||Critical Components|